Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pork Souvlaki


Mitchell's puts together a good souvlaki.  I like the pork but they also do chicken. Paired with rice and a salad it makes a wonderful easy meal. The rice I made using half chicken stock half water with a little salt.  When it was cooked I added fresh chopped chives and parsley. I did the souvlaki on the BBQ, medium heat about 8 minutes total cooking time.

Greek Salad

tomatoes
cucumber
red onion
chives
parsley
black olives
feta cheese
lemon juice
salt
black pepper
olive oil

When I look at that list of ingredients I am amazed I have all that stuff on hand without having to plan it! I used a cucumber from the garden.  The cherry tomatoes came off the vine, into the salad. A slice of red onion diced up.  Fresh chives and parsley with some black olives cut in half.  I used a little more than half the juice of a lemon and maybe a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Some salt and plenty of black pepper. Break up the feta cheese and toss everything.

Andree and Fern loved the pork, the rice and the salad. 3 home runs on one plate! I'm getting to be not such a bad cook after all! Mitchell's seasoned the pork so that's keeping my head from exploding.


No comments:

Post a Comment