Saturday, August 24, 2013

Greek Pork Tenderloin


Pork was in the back of my mind when I went off to the store, it didn't take long to settle on a nice tenderloin. As soon as I got home I cut it into 1.5 inch sections and put it in a bowl with extra virgin olive oil, a few cloves of garlic, fresh chopped oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper. It marinated for about an hour before I cooked it on the BBQ, turning frequently so it didn't scorch.  

The rice was half chicken stock, half water, salt, pepper, garlic powder, xv olive oil, fresh chives and parsley. The vegetables were red and yellow tomatoes with a yellow pepper, salt, black pepper and fresh Thai Basil. (has a gingery taste)

Fern commented several times during dinner how good it all was.  I don't usually hit a home run on all three plate components.  I guess that means I'm getting better at cooking. Since I've been feeding myself for 40 years, it's about time!


No comments:

Post a Comment