Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sole with Almonds


I had fish in mind when I left for the store.  I passed through Save On and they had sole and snapper fresh.  Safeway did too so I bought some sole there.  Local corn on the cob is finally coming into stores here so I got 3 of those. That's an overcooked artichoke with some garlic butter. These were the second on the plant and not great. I'll have to work on those artichokes some more I think.

The sole is floured and fried in plenty of oil.  I made a lemon sauce with a roux of butter and flour and chicken stock with salt and fresh squeezed lemon juice. I plated the sauce under the fish this time and the flour soaked it up so there wasn't really enough on the plate.  At least the almonds stayed crunchy on top.  

I wouldn't flour the sole again, it didn't help. The artichokes were way overdone so I think I leached the flavour out of them.  Too bad.  The mashed potatoes came out fine and the corn on the cob was sweet and delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment