Thursday, August 15, 2013

Roast Pork


We were finally having a rainy day and I was in the mood for pork so I was pleased to find a nice roast at Save On Foods.  The fat layer had been trimmed off and it was packaged up in the $5 bin.  I selected the largest one, .93kg, which was an excellent price for such well trimmed meat.

As soon as I got home I put the roast in a brine of 3 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp mollasses and one tbsp sugar. I peeled potatoes and tossed them with oil them set them in the roasting pan.  I laid 3 bay leaves, two sprigs of rosemary and one of thyme on the roast, inserted the meat thermometer and put it all in the oven at 325ºF for about an hour and a half.

I thought I still had broccoli in the fridge but found it empty when I got home.  Carrots and peas will do. The pork is garnished with Fern's Quebecois Ketchup.  Absolutely  delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment