Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Honey Mustard Pork Chop


I bought chops from Michell's this time and was pleasantly surprised at getting three beautifully butchered chops for under $5. I prepared mashed potatoes with broccoli and carrots done in the steamer. Before the broccoli was done I drained them and added extra virgin olive oil to the pot on medium low heat.

Honey Mustard Sauce

1 part Dijon Mustard
3 parts Honey

The pork I seasoned with salt and mixed pepper and cooked it in a frying pan.  In the last few minutes of cooking the chops I brushed them with Honey Mustard Sauce on both sides and cooked the flavour in a few moments. 

The pork was a little over done but tasted great. I think Fern missed his ketchup so this won't become a staple, just an occasional treat for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment