Thursday, August 29, 2013

Curried Chicken Thighs


I was feeling like chicken when I headed for the store.  Oddly, they had no bone in skin on chicken breasts so I bought thighs instead.  Thigh meat has more flavour, but isn't as nice a texture. I set my basmati rice on to cook and sprinkled a teaspoon of flour over the meat.  I salted and seared the meat all around Then removed it from the pan.  

I diced a shallot and sweated it in the pan.  Then I added three tablespoons of curry powder to the shallot and cooked it briefly. (3 was too many, 1 or 2 would be better)  I diced a stick of celery and added it to the pan. Some frozen peas and frozen peppers went in to use them up.  I added half a can of coconut milk and boiled it down by half then added the meat to finish cooking.  The pineapple chunks went in last.  When all was hot, serve over rice.

Spicy and lots of flavour, delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment