Friday, April 24, 2015

Pork Chops with (disappointing) Crispy Spring Rolls


I bought a pack of spring rolls on special and cooked them up as a first course just to try them out. Glad I did! They were quite awful. If I had relied on them as a major component it would have been a very sorry meal. That gives me an idea, I have a deep fryer and I have thumbs so I can roll things up myself. One day soon I'll try to make spring rolls from scratch. probably.

The actual meal consisted of mustard dill pork loin chop, mashed potatoes and snow peas with carrots. Mashed potatoes were boiled with salt and mashed with milk, butter and salt. The carrots and peas were steamed, cooled quickly and reheated in olive oil.  They were really good this way..

I salted and brushed mustard powder over the chops then sprinkled dried dill over top and a little flour on top of that.  The flour will brown where the herbs would scorch. 

The pork was good but not outstanding so it got lost in the disappointment of the Crispy Blech Rolls.
Fern did comment on the vegetables being particularly good so it wasn't a complete let down.


No comments:

Post a Comment