Thursday, September 17, 2015

Cajun Chicken on Vegetables with Rice


I swear the plate looked better than that last night! I salted the chicken, coated it with Cajun spice mix, brushed it with oil and BBQ'd it for 25 minutes over medium heat. Rice was done in the microwave with salt, oil and a few drops of lime juice. (I had half a lime in the fridge and only use enough to give a tangy taste, not a lime taste.)

The vegetables were a stick of celery, onion and several kinds of peppers from the garden. I sweated the veggies first then sprinkled a little flour over the pan. I cooked the flour taste off then added half a cup of chicken stock. I reduced the stock by half, added a few drops of Chinese fish sauce and plated it all.

The chicken was good but the vegetables were the star.

No comments:

Post a Comment