Friday, September 4, 2015

Meat Loaf


I bought a large chunk of ground beef at Mitchell's so I could make a big meatloaf for the dog. To the 700gm (close to two pounds) of beef I added 1/4 cup bred crumbs, salt, mixed pepper, fresh garlic chopped, a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme, a sprig of rosemary. In a bread pan I laid a stripe of tomato ketchup along the bottom, placed the loaf on top and spread dijon mustard liberally over the load. Then more ketchup on top.  Into the oven at 350F for 1.25 hours.

Fresh carrot with frozen peas for the vegetable and mashed potato for the starch. A humble meal but it tasted good. The dog loved the meat loaf better than ground beef with salt. He's a fussy eater so this surprised me. Fern had a sandwich of meatloaf next day for lunch so I think that says enough about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment