Friday, September 25, 2015

Liver, Bacon and Onions


I always loved liver, even as a child. I always had it with plenty of ketchup and still like it that way today. I boiled the yellow flesh potatoes and finished them with salt and butter.  The broccoli and carrots were steamed, cooled in cold water then reheated in olive oil. 

The bacon, cut into bite size pieces, went in the frying pan first. When the bacon was almost done I added to onions. It probably took 10 minutes to get the onions heavily caramelized, that's how Fern likes them. When they were done I took them out of the pan but kept them warm.  

The liver I salted and coated with flour then fried in a hot pan.  I had to keep adding a few drops of oil as the pan dried. The liver was done quickly so it didn't take much. I plated the liver, then onions and bacon with ketchup on top. It looks a bit messy but it's all loaded with flavour!



No comments:

Post a Comment