Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry with sweet quick pickle garnish


I hadn't made a stir fry in a while so this was almost a treat.  I made rice in the microwave with salt, oil and a few drops vinegar. First I made the pickle garnish by grating 1/3 of a carrot, 1/3 stick celery and an equal amount of grated english cucumber.  I mixed up half a cup of water, teaspoon of sugar and a tablespoon of vinegar and poured it over the grated vegetables and let it work.

I cooked the carrots a bit first with a packet of chicken stock and half a cup of water.  When the water was boiled off I added oil and the onions and celery. The chicken was cut up into bite size pieces then salted and floured. I added it to the pan next and got a little sear on in all around. Then the mushrooms went in and got a little sear on them. Finally the peppers and cashews were added.  A splash of soy sauce, a drizzle of sesame oil, toss and a few drops of Chinese fish sauce, toss and serve.

It was delicious and so was the quick pickle garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment