Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Chicken Parmesan more or less


I had bread crumbs out so I clearly wanted something breaded. I bought chicken breasts and a cooked ham for the dog. I took a slice of the ham and got out two slices of XO cheddar (Armstrong). I put the breast in a plastic bag and hammered it flat. Took it out and sliced a pocket into it so I could slip the ham and cheese inside. It was easier than it sounds. Then I coated it in flour, dipped it in egg white and rolled it in bread crumbs. I baked it in the oven at 325F for 20 minutes then turned the heat up to 400F to brown it. When the cheese leaked out it was done.

Two teaspoons of olive oil and a diced clove of garlic, cook. Add can of Hunt's tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. When almost ready to serve, add 3 tbsp butter and a handful of chopped fresh basil.

Plate the rice then a strip of tomato sauce beside it. Lay the chicken in the sauce and put another stripe across it's centre. Top with grated parmesan. 

Broccoli was steamed, cooled under running water and reheated in olive oil.

This was outstanding and only took an hour start to finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment