Monday, July 25, 2016

Garlic Chicken with Broccoli


The days of the everything in stir fry seem to be behind me. This time broccoli was on sale and I thought garlic, chicken and broccoli in a sauce on rice would make a nice summer dinner. I started by cutting an onion and dicing one half. I caramelized the diced onion while I cut the chicken into pieces and coated them in corn starch. I put them in the pan with plenty of oil and got a bit of a sear on them all around. I had the broccoli florets steamed and cooled, ready to go in the pan. I also cut up the rest of the onion into large chunks and a stick of celery into bite size pieces. A large clove of garlic finely diced went in the pan followed by the onion and celery. Half a teaspoon of chicken stock powder, few drops of sesame oil, few drops of Chinese fish sauce and 2/3 cup of water. The water reduced quickly in the hot pan leaving a nice sauce to toss the broccoli in. When the broccoli was heated through I plated the whole thing on rice and served.

It was absolutely delicious! Less work than a stir fry too!


No comments:

Post a Comment