Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Chicken Chicken with rice pilaf


I needed fresh stock so I bought some breasts to bone.  I made stock then put some in the rice. Half stock, half water. I put some rosemary and thyme in the pilaf and some salt and mixed pepper. The broccoli was steamed and finished in olive oil. The chicken. I salted it and floured it then dipped it in egg and milk and rolled it in bread crumbs with poultry seasoning.  The chicken skins I fried up for the dogs and the fat from that I used to brush over the bread crumbs on the chicken.  I baked it at 350ºF for 35 minutes.  I put a line of mayo on it, Fern had his plain. It was wonderful, crunchy and tasty. 

I called it Chicken Chicken because it's bird with poulty seasoning. It sounds dumb but Poultry Chicken sounds even worse. 

The salad is grated carrot, cucumber and julienne iceberg lettuce.  I whisked some oil and rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper and tossed it all together.  A bit more vinegar next time I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment