Friday, December 27, 2013

Tomato Basil Turkey Rotini


I forgot to take a photo again so it looked like this but with turkey instead of prawns. Also I used a different tomato sauce which wasn't as watery. I started with a diced shallot from the garden, sweated. Then I added a teaspoon of flour and cooked it a moment. An ounce or two of turkey stock, 1 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp dry basil,  a 14oz can of tomato sauce and salt to taste. I cooked off the excess water and added the turkey meat. Let the meat heat up, then serve over rotini pasta. They'll think you worked on it all day!

For a salad I sliced up white mushrooms and took the stems off some spinach.  A dot of Dijon mustard, 1 tablspoon oil (I used corn but any nice tasting oil will do), 1 teaspoon lemon juice; whisk, taste, adjust. Salt and black pepper. Whisk it all up and toss the salad in it. Wonderful simple dressing.

This was very good, I may do it with chicken occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment