Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Rib Steak


Fern wasn't feeling well so I headed off to the store intending to buy chicken and make some chicken soup.  Naturally, the grocery store had plans as well. Where the chicken breasts usually are there were rows of whole chickens. There were no chicken breasts with bone in skin on at all. There also were no small packages of chicken. The smallest piece of chicken I could buy was a whole chicken. So I gave up on chicken, we had pork last night so beef was the only other choice. 

I have been trying to make a salad more often, Fern isn't getting enough fibre so spinach and mushroom salad should help.  I only cooked one vegetable because there is a salad. I cooked the steaks on the BBQ in 2x2x2x2 minutes to get crossed grill marks, but because the steaks were a little thinner I cut a few seconds off each side.

The mushrooms were cooked in oil and butter with salt and pepper. Plain white rice and broccoli steamed and finished in olive oil. The only thing that's changed lately is I don't spray oil on the grill any more. I brush oil onto the meat instead.  The salad dressing was 2 teaspoons of oil and 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar, a dot of Dijon mustard, salt and black pepper. I grated a little parmesan cheese for the top. A simple but satisfying meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment