Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pineapple Coconut Turkey Curry


I started with rice. 2 parts water, 1 part rice, salt, fat. Put in microwave, press Rice and Start. Hard to screw that up! (Panasonic Genius)

I diced and sweated a shallot, carrot and stick of celery.  Then I added the mushrooms and seared them. I sprinkled a teaspoon of flour and a tablespoon of curry powder a bit more oil so it wouldn't burn. Then a teaspoon of Asian oyster/fish sauce to give the umami flavour and tone down the sweetness. Turkey stock next, an ounce,  and then half a can of coconut milk. A splash of pineapple juice. Frozen peas and I had some frozen sweet peppers, 2 tablespoons of those too. Once the frozen vegetables are thawed, add the turkey.  Stir it all and let it finish cooking.  Serve next to rice. A garnish would have turned it into a pretty and tasty dish!


No comments:

Post a Comment