Saturday, December 21, 2013

Fried Banana on Banana Bread


I had a banana getting ripe and lonely and some banana bread and I felt like more than banana bread with butter on it. I tried to make a caramel sauce, it didn't work, again. Eventually I'll figure it out but not tonight. I just fried the banana in butter and put some brown sugar over it. I poured all that on a piece of banana bread and it was fairly good and satisfying. A little whipped cream would have picked it right up into 'dessert'.

Banana Bread

4 ripe bananas - mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup flour
optional:
1/4 cup toasted walnuts

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mix wet ingredients, then dry.  Line loaf pan with parchment, lightly spray with oil, add batter and bake 1 hour or until a toothpick in center is clean of batter, crumbs ok. It finishes baking outside the oven, so if it's perfect when it comes out of the oven, it will be dry by the time it's cooled. It should come out of the oven when a crumb still sticks to a toothpick, then it will be perfect when it's cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment