Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Beef Tacos


Fern suggested tacos so of course I immediately jumped on that bandwagon. I bought spinach soft tacos, guacamole and extra lean ground beef, the rest came from the garden. I browned the ground beef with plenty of taco seasoning and salt.  Then I dusted flour over top and cooked it in a minute. I added a splash of beef stock to moisten the meat and put meat on a taco.  On the meat I put grated extra old cheddar and rolled up the taco. I plated it with sour cream on top, guacamole on that and a bit more cheddar on top.  Beside the taco was more guacamole and beans!

Refried Beans

1/2 can pinto beans
salt
lime juice (lemon would have been better)
chopped parsley (cilantro would be better)
beef stock
(chilli powder would have helped too)

Mash the reheated beans with a wooden spoon, stir it all up into a mash and plop it on the plate. 

Vinaigrette

1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
salt
chopped parsley

Slice cucumber, half cherry tomatoes and chop a celery stick into small pieces. Toss in the vinaigrette. I served the salad on chiffonade iceberg lettuce which Fern suggested I either include in the salad or leave it off the plate.

Fern said at least twice while eating that it was really good and he typically doesn't like this kind of meal. I inhaled mine. Next time I'll buy refried beans.



No comments:

Post a Comment