Saturday, August 9, 2014

Prawns and Pasta with Asparagus Salad


Not as much time in the kitchen in summer. I bought Mezzetta Tomato Basil sauce because it's good right out of the jar. I peeled the prawns and removed the tails.  Then I cooked them on both sides but not through the middle. Remove prawns from pan and add the sauce. It needs to boil down a bit so heat it up get it reducing. Once the pasta is ready and the sauce thickened add the prawns to the pasta and toss. Add the pasta to the sauce and toss. Plate and garnish with fresh grated parmesan.

I had asparagus in the fridge and needed to use it.  When I bought it a lady told me she blanches asparagus and uses it in salads. What a good idea! So I blanched the asparagus and made it into a Greek inspired salad.

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive/canola oil
1-2 tsp lemon juice
salt
pepper

blanched asparagus
slice red onion diced
tomatoes diced
black olives
feta cheese

The prawns and pasta we've had lots before, it's good but not remarkable.  The salad was new. It was delicious! Almost as good as having asparagus hot and smothered in Hollandaise! I'll definitely be making this salad again.

No comments:

Post a Comment