Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Turkey Basil Burgers




Beef burgers have been supplanted by ground turkey. It's more expensive than ground beef but not so much it's out of reach. This time I bought a pack of breast and a pack of dark ground meat. I chopped up fresh basil and seasoned the meat with salt, paprika and a little ground garlic. The patties hold together well in a pan, I wouldn't try to cook them on the BBQ in case they fell apart. 

Potato Salad

4 medium potatoes
1 stick celery
1 slice red onion
salt
paprika 
mayonaise

I put too much mayo on the potatoes and overwhelmed the salad. I like mayo so it wasn't too bad but Fern really didn't like it.

Tomato Cucumber Salad

6 cherry tomatoes
3 inches English cucumber
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
salt
pepper
2 tsp olive/canola oil
1 tsp rice wine vinegar

Whisk dressing, pour over salad and toss. I put romaine lettuce on the burger and the usual condiments. It was a good fresh meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment