Friday, August 22, 2014

Breaded Pork Cutlet


I had pork cutlets in mind when I went to the store. If there was a pack small enough, I'd buy some. Save On Foods makes a really great tasting breaded pork but they package it up to feed a large family. All their meat is like that, packaged for economy for large families of at least 5 people. The average family is only 3 or 4 people so why target only huge families, I just don't know. If I ask them to break up a package for me, they'll reprice the smaller package so it costs more than buying the larger package. Yes, they actually did that once and then couldn't understand why I wouldn't buy the package I asked for. The original pack had 7 breasts in it for $11. I asked them to give me a pack with two breasts in it. They did and it was priced at $12.65. That got me buying meat from Safeway, Mitchell's and the butcher instead. 

Mashed potatoes and broccoli steamed and finished in olive oil with some salt. The salad is fresh tomatoes and fresh cucumber all from the garden. I did add a few black olives for flavour, I would have put feta cheese in too if I'd had some. I tossed the salad in a:

Vinaigrette

2 tsp olive/canola oil
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
1/4 tsp ground garlic or fresh 

Whisk and toss the salad in it. I didn't put any condiment with the pork and neither of us missed it. The flavour was great and they weren't too dry.

It probably tasted really, really terrific but because dinner is like that every day, it's not remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment