Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Souvlaki


Pork Souvlaki from Mitchell's is really good. I can't tell yet what's in it, but they do all the work, so I'm happy to let them keep their secret. All I had to do was brush oil on the meat and BBQ it on high for 10-15 minutes, rotating so it cooks evenly. The rice was simply half beef stock instead of water with a little salt, cooked in the microwave using the moisture sensor. Just push Rice button, it's like magic.

Faux Greek Salad

tomatoes, seeded cucumber and onion diced and sliced
chunk of feta cheese broken on top

2 tsp olive/canola oil
1 tsp red wine vinegar
salt

I didn't add black olives, can't remember why. Simple as it was it was good and satisfying. Fern liked the rice, as a change. I think he'd tire of it quickly if I served it all the time. The souvlaki is just yummy, but I didn't season it so can't claim credit. The salad was great. Fresh from the garden tomatoes and cucumbers have so much flavour, how could I miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment