Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Prawns and Pasta with Romaine, Kale and Tomato Salad


We haven't had prawns and pasta for a while so I suggested it along with a romaine and kale salad. Fern liked the idea so that was it. I put 6 prawns each in cold water to thaw. I had a box of tomato sauce so I only needed to go next door and pilfer some basil. They have lots, they don't mind.

I diced a slice of onion finely and sweated it to golden then added the prawns. I got colour on both sides of the prawns but didn't cook them through. I removed them from the pan. I added tomato sauce to the pan along with a little cayenne. I chopped two tablespoons of basil and added that to the tomato sauce along with salt and pepper. I continued to cook down the sauce while I worked on the salad.

I had romaine torn up for the Caesar salad the other day so I only fleshed it out with chopped kale. I gathered some fresh cherry and plum tomatoes and cut them in half for the salad.

Vinaigrette

1 tsp olive oil
2 tsp canola oil
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
salt
pepper
dried basil

Whisk, pour over salad and toss. 

Cook the pasta as desired, strain and add to the sauce. Add the prawns and heat through. Plate and garnish with grated parmesan.

I never seem to get tired of this meal, I guess it's because the salad is always different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment