Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Chicken Breast with Peppers


This meal had one goal, use peppers. To that end I bought breasts from Mitchell's and seasoned them with salt and poultry seasoning then dusted them with flour. Then I brushed them with oil and put them in the oven at 400ºF for 20 minutes (they're small). They didn't brown nearly as well as on the BBQ. 

Rice was just basmati rice cooked with salt, olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice.

Dice an onion and sweat it. Add diced peppers and cook till softened. I sprinkled a little flour over top and added a dash of beef stock.  That cooked down quickly and I served it up on my rice with a little soy sauce. Fern had his rice plain. It didn't look as good as it tasted. Next time I'll use the BBQ for the chicken. Plating is still suburban but at least everything goes together well.

No comments:

Post a Comment