Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Onion Chicken Breast


It's the hottest day of the year! I don't want to spend too much time near any heat source.  Fern did up the potatoes with salt, olive oil, chives and rosemary in foil then put them on the rack in the BBQ. The boneless skinless chicken I salted then coated in:

2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp flour
1 tsp poultry seasoning

Brush the coated chicken with olive oil and put it on the BBQ grill off the heat.  It will brown nicely in 25-30 minutes at 400-500º. The corn I steamed in  the kitchen where I didn't need to be. 

The onion powder caramelizes on the meat imparting a wonderful flavour. The poultry seasoning gives a hint of holidays and happy times. I managed to take the potatoes off when they were perfect. Still firm but cooked through. The corn was served with plenty of butter and salt. Even Eliot, our older dog, had some corn. He apes us and eats the corn right off the cob. I'll take of photo next time, it's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment