Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Cajun Chicken Breast


See that chicken breast? It tastes better than any chicken breast I've cooked before. I picked up the chicken at Mitchell's when I bought lunch. It was about the same price than I pay at Save On Foods but one of the breasts was sized like it came from a turkey. When  it was cooked I cut that one in half for the dog, it fed him for two days.  The rice just had salt, olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice. 

The corn was microwaved and finished with butter and salt. The Cajun spice was from the bulk bin at Save On Foods. 

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive/canola oil
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper

Whisk, toss and serve.

I was surprised at how good the chicken tasted! It was the same spice mix I've used on meat from Save On but I've never had such good results before. Even with chicken, Mitchell's still has better tasting meat. It's taken me two years to cook well enough that the source of the protein matters. Not sure if that's good or bad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment