Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Curry Pork


I bought pork chops at Mitchell's. It seems all their meat tastes better and they trim the fat off so the quality is significantly better even if the price is the same. I bought a bag of red and yellow peppers on sale and that is what inspired me to make curry.

Dice, salt and brown the meat, giving it a good sear, then remove from the pan.  Add diced onion and sweat. Add garlic finely diced as well as a stick of celery. Finally I added the two small diced peppers. Once the peppers were starting to soften I added a tablespoon of curry powder. I sweated the curry powder a moment. I don't know if it needs sweating but it didn't hurt. Then I added tomato sauce, about a cup. Bring it up to a simmer and add the meat. Warm the meat for a minute or two in the sauce then test for salt.

I served it on 

Basmati rice

2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup rice
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup water

Fresh green onion on top to give some colour. I don't think the photo did it justice, it was really very good.

The red cabbage and iceberg lettuce salad is dressed with Kraft Golden Italian Salad Dressing. It was a free sample grafted onto another product, I liked it at one time. Now it tastes like not much at all. A fresh simple vinaigrette tastes better than bottled salad dressing! I never would have predicted that! Fresh is a lot cheaper too. The food industry really doesn't do us a whole lot of favours.

No comments:

Post a Comment