Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cajun Chicken on Pineapple Sauce


Cajun chicken is no stranger to my stove but this time I finally made a sauce for it. I had pineapple pieces left over in the fridge and nothing to use them in.  Dinner was under control so I decided to try a sweet and sour sauce.  I put a slice of butter in a small sauce pan with a tablespoon of tapioca flour. If that sounds like too much, it was, but I'd never used the stuff so I went by feel. Wish I'd felt less. Anyway, I melted the butter and cooked the flour a minute then turned off the heat and started adding water, lemon juice and pineapple juice. I could have thinned it out to a quart or two of sauce. I turned the heat on to finish cooking it. It was too thick but didn't have the pasty taste of wheat flour in this kind of sauce. Fern ate it and the dog licked the plates so I guess it was good.

I simply salted and sprinkled cajun spice on the chicken. Browned it in a pan, turned it over and put the pan in the oven at 325F for 25 minutes. Basmati rice with salt and oil underneath and broccoli steamed, cooled and reheated in olive oil on the side.

Vinaigrette

2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp canola oil
1-2 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper

Whisk, toss and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment