Sunday, February 15, 2015

Mitchell's Marinated Chicken Breast


I'm beginning to think Brian, meat manager at Mitchell's, has a chef's background. His souvlakis are wonderful and this marinated breast was fantastic! I like to season my own meat but when someone else does such a good job, I don't mind the help. Fern said he tasted sage in it. It was wonderful, I was too busy enjoying it to worry about what was in it. When I let someone else season my meat, I'm in a hurry and probably haven't eaten all day.

I did make the potatoes with butter, salt and milk.  The broccoli was steamed, cooled and reheated in olive oil.

Vinaigrette

2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp canola oil
2 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper
few drops Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 tsp dijon mustard

Toss with iceberg lettuce, half a stick of celery, quarter of an english cucumber and a diced tomato.

The chicken was the star but the rest was pretty good too.


No comments:

Post a Comment