Monday, February 23, 2015

Home Alone Rib Steak


Fern is off to Hawaii so the first thing I do is treat myself to a nice rib steak. Asparagus was on special and so was sour cream so I bought both.  I fried the steak, steamed the asparagus and microwaved the potatoes. 

Super Quick Hollandaise

1 egg yolk in small sauce pot
1/8 cup butter - 1/4 inch slice from brick - melted but not hot
1 oz water
lemon juice
salt

Add lemon juice to water till it has a nice balance. Slowly add melted butter to egg yolk, whisking it in as you go. Add some water mixture and put pot on burner. Heat the sauce till it starts to thicken, add more water mixture to thin as needed. Plate. It takes less than two minutes with my induction burner. A pot of boiling water works just as well.

Plain old artery clogging sour cream on the potatoes. The meat is from Mitchell's and the flavour can't be beat. Getting tasty meat with the fat trimmed off makes the higher price worth every penny. I ate all I could and the dog finished  it, licking the plate clean. We both enjoyed this meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment