Thursday, February 26, 2015

Wannabe Crab Quiche


I had far too many eggs in the fridge so I decided to make a quiche.  I picked up some imitation crab because it tastes plausibly crab like and it's cheap.  I had whipping cream and cream cheese in the fridge.

Pie Crust

1 cup All Purpose flour
1 tbsp corn flour - to lower gluten level
salt
1/3 cup butter
1 egg - beaten +
few drops rice vinegar and cold water to make one cup

Put flour, corn flower and salt in Food Processor.  Cut butter into small pieces and put in processor. Process just long enough for the butter to be broken into small pieces like course oatmeal. Over processing makes the crust tough. Cool the dough then roll out and put in pie plate. Puncture with fork and if you have some put parchment and beans or rice to press the pie crust flat while it cooks.  Cook till it starts to brown. I didn't weight my crust with beans so it flaked up when it cooked.  

4 eggs
1/2 cup cream
1/3 lb cream cheese
200 gm imitation crab
1/4 tsp thyme

Put crab in cooked shell. Add beaten eggs and cream and drop cream cheese pieces into eggs. Bake at 325F for 30 minutes or till the center is cooked. 

I forgot to season the quiche with thyme and pepper so don't forget them! I'm going to heat some up for lunch right now!




No comments:

Post a Comment