Monday, February 2, 2015

Chicken Tomato Curry


This is the first time I've made chicken curry with meat bought at Mitchell's. I was hoping it would be fantastic but it was only really good. To start I put some rice in the microwave to cook. I ad only a teaspoon or two of olive oil, some salt and a few drops of lemon juice to the rice. I finely diced an onion, two cloves garlic, celery stick and green pepper. I diced up the chicken, salted it and shook it in a bag of flour to coat it. I got my pan good and hot and sweated the onion, then the celery and lastly the green pepper and garlic.  Once that had all softened I added the meat. Flour on the meat soaks up lots of oil so it may need more. I got a sear all around the chicken then added the curry powder. I stirred it around and let it cook for a minute then added one to two cups tomato sauce.

That was all there was to it. I kept the tomato sauce bubbling till the chicken was cooked through and plated it. It was delicious, even the dog liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment