Sunday, February 15, 2015

Mitchell's Pork Cutlet


Now that I know why meat at Mitchell's tastes better, I'm more inclined to buy it over cheaper meat from Save On Foods. Chain stores buy bulk factory farm meat that is raised as cheaply as possible. That means no exercise and no exercise means no flavour. It's most noticeable with chicken. If you start with product that tastes great on it's own, it's a lot easier to make a fantastic meal.

Rice was cooked in the microwave with salt, lemon juice and olive oil. The broccoli was steamed then cooled under running water and reheated in olive oil and salt. The cutlet was breaded by Mitchell's and fried in olive oil. It didn't brown as nicely as the Save On cutlets but the flavour should be better so not to worry.

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive/canola oil
2 tsp red wine vinegar
salt
black pepper
dot of hot dog mustard

Whisk, toss the salad and serve.

It was great but the cutlet didn't have the impressive flavour I was hoping for. I think that's because of my cooking so I'll try them again.  The condiment on the meat is plain apple sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment