Sunday, August 12, 2012

BBQ Dijon Pork Chop


With a guest from Montreal I had to do meat and potatoes sooner or later, eh? I used course grained Maille mustard this time. An immersion mixer to blend the garlic, salt, pepper, mustard and a dash of white wine vinegar down into a smoother sauce. I coated the chops and let them marinate on the counter for half an hour.

I got the potatoes on and prepped the carrots and broccoli.  I did the vegetables in the microwave again. It keeps winning because one choice is; partly steam vegetables, douse to stop cooking, finish frying in second pan or choice 2; press Vegetables, Fresh, Start.  Easy keeps beating better tasting, for now. I find it's more getting into the habit than the extra work.

I did the pork chops on the BBQ in the standard over the heat, 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes, turn over, 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes then move off the heat to finish roasting. That gives nice grill marks but doesn't burn the edges. At one point a blob of mustard fell down onto the flame spreader and started to burn.  I moved the chop over to the other side till the blob was finished immolation.

My plating looks a little better because I took the time to arrange the broccoli florets and carrots.  I just noticed I forgot the chives. No one mentioned it. That's homemade French Canadian ketchup on the chop and it's absolutely delicious. I'll make it this fall. This was a really nice easy meal to prepare and eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment