Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pork Chop and Corn on the Cob


It was a fish or pork day and there wasn't anything interesting at the fish counter.  A couple of pork chops were on special and corn on the cob is everywhere right now so we might as well indulge while we can.  Mashed potatoes and a little salad to round it out.

I got the potatoes on and corn cut in half and put in a pot.  I used to cook the corn whole but that takes an enormous pot so cutting them is much more efficient. The pork chop I seasoned with salt and mixed pepper corns then chopped garlic with a little golden oregano. Then I took a dollop of Dijon mustard, mixed it with the garlic and oregano and spread it over the chop. I did both sides and put the chops on the BBQ on high heat.  3 minutes then rotate, 3 minutes turn over, 3 minutes rotate 3 minutes and put in the center off the fire to finish cooking.

The salad was just a few lettuce leaves gathered from the garden, a few chives and some parsley chopped up with the last slices of the english cucumber. For the vinaigrette a tablespoon of oil and a teaspoon of white balsamic vinegar. Salt,  pepper and parmesan.

I plated the chops with a little parsley, chives and parmesan on top to try to tie it all together.  I burned mine a little on that one side but it tasted great. Corn with lots of butter and a little salt takes me back to my childhood. That simple fresh salad is really nice, why didn't I always do that? Store bought lettuce doesn't taste as good, that's why. Well I guess the plating isn't that bad since I actually have the different dishes on different plates, it all sort of makes sense. Probably won't get me that Michelin star though.

No comments:

Post a Comment