Monday, August 27, 2012

Garlic Oregano Pork Chop


A nice pork chop on the BBQ tonight.  I marinated them for half an hour in garlic, oregano, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. I'm getting better at it, this time there was no pink but they were still moist.  Mashed potatoes as usual.  The carrots I put in the steamer  when I started the potatoes, when they were half done I put the beans in.  When they were almost done I took the steamer off and ran it under cold water to stop the cooking. When the meat was done I took it off the BBQ and put it on warm plates to rest.  I emptied the water out of the steam pot and put some oil and XV olive oil it and heated it up.  In went the beans and carrots, tossing them till they were warmed up. Then I plated the potatoes and vegetables and managed to get some chives from the garden while calling everyone in for dinner.
The vegetables are light years better than microwaved. The pork chop was good but it would have been better if I'd added a little dijon mustard. Next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment