Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Angus Rib Steak


Fern had to go to Vancouver overnight so I was Home Alone!  One thing can always be counted on when Fern goes away, I'm having fatty red meat for dinner! I paired my Angus rib steak with baked potato and mushrooms and zucchini. The steak was seasoned with my beef rub and done on the BBQ for 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes, turn over, 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes and they're done. While the steak was on the BBQ I fried the mushrooms and removed them from the pan then did the zucchini.
When the zucchini had a nice sear I put the mushrooms back in and finished cooking everything together.  The baked potato was done in the microwave.  A tasty meal to keep the lonely's away.

Beef Rub


1  1/4  tbsp paprika
1   tbsp kosher salt
1   tsp garlic powder
1/2   tsp ground black pepper
1/2   tsp onion powder
1/2   tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/2   tsp dried oregano
1/2   tsp dried thyme

Coat beef with rub and spray or brush with oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment