Thursday, November 1, 2012

Southwest Chicken with Salad


Chicken tonight and Fern is making a salad and he peeled the potatoes.  So all I have to do is bone the breasts, pound them flat, season and BBQ them and make mashed potatoes. On my potatoes I hid some artificial bacon bits with some chives under the sour cream. (I have no shame) Fern made the salad so I'm not sure what he put in it but next time I'll have him make the mashed potatoes instead. The chicken I sprayed with oil and BBQ'd to get the grill marks. 2 minutes rotate, 2 minutes turn over, 2 minutes rotate, 2 minutes and they're done.

Here is my spice rub.

Southwest Spice Rub


2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp granulated garlic
4 tsp kosher salt (1 tbsp + 1 tsp)
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp dried mustard
1 tsp cayenne



No comments:

Post a Comment