Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pineapple Coconut Chicken Curry


I had chicken breasts in the fridge so the only question was what to make with them.  I decided on a curry. I diced my chicken breasts into one inch pieces, which was a little too big, and put them in a plastic bag with a tablespoon of flour and half a teaspoon of salt. Shake and put aside. Next I diced an onion and fried it lightly golden, added a sliced carrot to sweat,  then removed them from the pan. Next I fried the chicken pieces to almost done then took them out of the pan.

Now the pan was nicely seasoned so I added one teaspoon of flour and two tablespoons of curry powder and 2-3 tablespoons of oil and cooked off the flour taste.  Then I added 1/4 cup chicken stock and half a can of coconut milk. I added half a can of pineapple pieces, the onions, carrots and frozen peas and cooked them in the curry for about 5 minutes. I added more chicken stock when it got too thick. Next I put the chicken in so it could finish cooking for 5 more minutes.  I shook a few drops of Tabasco sauce in for heat and served it over basmati rice.

It was one of my better curries.

No comments:

Post a Comment