Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Greek Style Pork Tenderloin


This was a quick meal, despite the marinated meat.  Using about the same proportions as a vinaigrette I whisked up olive oil, lemon juice, salt, mixed pepper and finely chopped fresh garlic, parsley and oregano. I cut up the meat and let it marinate for an hour before cooking. The meat will have a lot of water to cook off so if the pan is crowded the meat will braise when we want it to sear. First readied all the vegetables.  Mushrooms and zucchini sliced and an onion diced. A tomato cut up for the pre cut salad.

I put rice on to cook and started with the onion.  I am cooking this in olive oil for the first time. If olive oil gets too hot it becomes bitter but putting food in the pan keeps it's temperature down. I cooked the onion to golden then took it from the pan.  Next the zucchini, both sides seared with good colour and finally the mushrooms. Each ingredient coming out of the pan when done.  Finally, the meat goes in and gets a sear all around while cooking off the marinade.  When the pork had a good sear all around the other ingredients went back in the pan.  I tasted and adjusted the seasoning then plated the pork beside the rice.  I serve salad with the meal or we don't eat it. My simple

Tomato Vinaigrette

1 tbsp oil (olive and canola or other oil. I find pure olive oil too strong a flavour)
1-2 tsp rice wine vinegar (crisp clean taste)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp tomato sauce

Whisk and toss the salad and tomato in it.

It looks like a pile of soggy brown stuff but it sure tastes good! The salad also gave a bit of crunch which was completely missing from the plate. I managed to get this all prepped and cooked in under an hour so a good meal doesn't have to take all day.


No comments:

Post a Comment