Monday, March 24, 2014

Sweet and Sour Curry Chicken


I had chicken curry in mind when I went to the store, so it was surprising that I forgot to get coconut milk.  That's why the curry is tomato based. I diced a shallot, a carrot and a stick of celery. I sweated the shallot, then added carrot and celery.  When the celery was translucent I took the vegetables out of the pan and put the salted and floured chicken pieces in. When they had a nice sear all around I added a tablespoon of curry powder.  Then the vegetables went back in and half a can of tomato paste, 1/4 cup chicken stock, water. I had frozen mixed diced peppers and frozen peas. Some of both went in.  I cooked that down to a nice sauce and added fresh pineapple pieces and stirred them in. I served it over basmati rice. 

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp oil
1-2 tsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp mixed pepper

I kept the dressing clean so it wouldn't conflict with the curry. It all worked. Fern even mixed his curry into his rice before eating.  He only does that when he really likes it.


No comments:

Post a Comment