Saturday, March 22, 2014

Southwest Blackened Cod


That cod the other day was so good I decided to get more.  I got a 190gm piece which turned out to be too small.  I should get at least 250gm for two people. Anyway, I salted it, then seasoned it with my Southwest Spice Rub and finally, coated it with flour. I fried it in olive oil till blackened but not burnt.

Mashed potatoes have butter, salt and milk.  The broccoli was steamed, cooled under water and finished in the pot in olive oil. 

Southwest Spice Rub

2 tbsp  chili powder
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp  brown sugar
2 tsp Mexican oregano
1 tsp granulated garlic
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp cayenne (optional, but it really helps)

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive/canola oil
1-2 tsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp tomato paste
1 tsp water

Who knew salad could be so easy?
The fish was great!


No comments:

Post a Comment