Monday, July 28, 2014

Lemon Chicken, Saffron Rice, Broccoli and Greek Salad


I picked up chicken at Mitchell's when I bought buns for lunch. Mid afternoon I put it in the marinator.

Lemon Marinade

Rind a lemon
juice the lemon.
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
white pepper
few drops Tabasco

I should have pierced the meat with a fork to get the flavour right into it. It was good but the lemon could have been more prominent. Kevin phoned to ask to come over and Fern took pity on him. I suggested if Kevin wanted to stay for dinner Fern should pick up another chicken breast on the way home. I simply put it in the marinator with everything else. Then I cooked it on the BBQ. 2 minutes over the flame then 28 minutes roasting off the heat.

The broccoli was steamed and finished in olive oil.  The rice had salt, olive oil, lemon juice and saffron. 

Greek Salad

2/3 cucumber
3 tomatoes
slice of red onion
handful ripe olives
chunk of feta cheese, crumbled

2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp canola oil
1-2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper

Toss and serve. Kevin loved everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment