Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bacon Fuzzy Chciken


I don't know why but my camera didn't want to auto focus correctly this time, hence blurred photo and fuzzy title. The boneless chicken was salted then shaken in a plastic bag with 60/40% onion powder/flour. I brushed the entire breast with oil and put it off the heat in the centre of the BBQ. I didn't turn it over half way through and that was a mistake. So after 15 minutes turn the breasts over. Then cook at 450-500ºF for 25-30 minutes total cooking time.

Simple new potatoes with butter, salt and chives. The vegetables on the breast were green pepper, mushroom and bacon.  I finely diced a strip of bacon and fried it crisp. Then I fried the mushrooms in the bacon fat and added the green pepper. Once the pepper had softened a bit I sprinkled a little flour over all, turned it over and cooked the flour taste off. Then I added a splash of beef stock, salt and pepper, tossed to coat and served it over the chicken.

Greek Salad

1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp canola oil
1 tsp white wine vinegar
Whisk then add:
two tomatoes diced
4 inches cucumber sliced and diced
1 slice red onion finely diced
black olives
feta cheese
salt
black pepper

I was proud of this plate, it looked good. Everything on the plate belonged there. If I had grill marks on the chicken so it looked better I would have plated the chicken on top of the vegetables. As it was this looked better than my usual plate. I'm finally getting out of the suburbs with my plating. The secret was choosing the chicken coating to go with the vegetable medley. Onion was missing from the vegetables but it was on the chicken so the meat and vegetables together tasted better than either alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment