Sunday, September 7, 2014

Chicken and Pepper Stir Fry


More peppers ready in the garden so I wanted to use as many as possible. This dish took two bell peppers and a pasillo pepper. In canola oil with a few drops of sesame I seared some sliced mushrooms then browned the chicken which was dusted with a little flour and removed all from the pan.  I sweated a diced onion and carrot. Next I added the peppers. Then mushrooms and meat back in the pan.  A few drops of oyster sauce, a small splash of beef stock and some soy sauce. When the peppers were cooked I plated it all on basmati rice. 

I practically inhaled mine, I was really hungry. All the flavour was there but the pasillo pepper wasn't hot and I wanted a little heat. The dish was a tasty dish without so I won't beat myself up over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment