Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Chicken, Greek Salad and bad borsht


First the borscht. Kevin sent some beets over from his garden and I finally made soup.  I diced the beets and just covered them with beef stock and brought them to a boil.  While they were cooking I added a little salt and some paprika to perk it up a bit.  That was a mistake. I don't think I used too much paprika so, beets and paprika must not taste good together. I couldn't finish mine and told Fern not to try his. It had a bitter unpleasant taste. Live and learn.  I put black pepper on grey cod the first time I tried it. That was really terrible. It's amazing to me that a small amount of the wrong thing can completely ruin an otherwise wonderful dish.

The chicken was coated with Shake'n Bake which should have had oil sprayed on the skinless breasts so they would brown. I put them off the heat in the BBQ for 25 minutes. If I had turned them over half way, they would have browned nicely all around. They were tasty if not browned to perfection. New potatoes with fresh butter and salt, hard to beat. The Greek salad was  tasty and quickly washed the beets off my palate. All in all, a satisfying meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment