Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fresh From the Garden Chicken Curry


I had lots of peppers and tomatoes from the garden so I picked up some chicken breasts for a curry. Nugget potatoes were on special again so I bought some of them to go with the curry. I diced an onion, a few peppers, numerous cherry tomatoes and a carrot. I diced the chicken and salted and dusted it with flour and added it to the pan once the onions were sweated translucent. Once there was a bit of brown on the meat I sprinkled 2 teaspoons of curry powder over all. I tossed it a bit and added the carrots, peppers and tomatoes. I added  a splash of white wine. It simmered for about twenty minutes then I plated the curry over the boiled nugget potatoes.  I put fresh diced green onion on top as a garnish. Fern said some butter on the potatoes would have been nice. Next time.

It was a really nice curry. Having it on potatoes instead of rice was a nice touch too.

No comments:

Post a Comment