Thursday, September 18, 2014

Palomino Pork Cutlet


I left for the store to get some pork cutlets for dinner. In a rare coincidence, Save On had some in a package small enough that two adults and two children (the dogs) could eat. I didn't have the pan quite hot enough so the coating stuck to the pan a little, hence palomino cutlet. There was still sufficient coating on the white patch to give crunch and flavour so it wasn't as bad as it looks. I paired that with mashed potatoes and corn. Both had salt and butter and the potatoes had a little milk.

Greek Salad

2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp red wine vinegar
salt
black pepper
1/4 inch slice red onion
2 tomatoes
4 inch length English cucumber
black olives (I buy pitted, cheap brands are awful)
feta cheese

English cucumbers have sweet skin so they don't have to be peeled. I often take a potato peeler and take three strips off the cucumber for appearance. It looks nice if you have the time. Whip up the vinaigrette and toss everything in it.

The cutlet was excellent as usual. It pains me a little to cook what someone else prepared, but until I can do better, it will have to do. I cut down my potato portion to help keep weight off. I used frozen corn because a) I had some b) $.79/cob is too much.

The fresh cucumber and tomatoes from the garden made the salad a highlight. Overall, I won't aim for palomino pork but won't cry if I end up with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment