Thursday, September 4, 2014

Paprika Chicken On Tomato Puree


There is probably a fancy name for this dish but I have no idea what it might be. I seasoned the chicken breast with salt and mixed pepper then coated it with paprika and finally flour over top so it would brown.  Then I brushed the whole thing with olive oil and put it on the BBQ, off the heat, to roast for 25 minutes at about 400-500ºF.

Basmati rice with salt, olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Green peas done in  the microwave and butter-nut squash. I coated the squash inside with butter, salt and brown sugar then put in the microwave.  Once the microwave had done it's thing I put the squash in the BBQ to finish cooking with the chicken.

Fern made tomato sauce from his garden which had, onion, celery, tomato and several kinds of peppers. I added half a cup of grated cheddar to a cup of Fern's tomato sauce and stirred it in. Then I put it in the microwave for a minute to heat up. I plated the chicken on top of the sauce which looked quite tasty now that I see it in the photo.

One way to judge a meal is to listen to how much conversation there is while eating. When the food is really good, there's no talking, just eating. There was no talking here except to tell Fern how good his tomato sauce was. Fern didn't like his squash, he usually doesn't, but I thought it was terrific!

This was a really good meal and I think my first with chicken and tomato sauce. I'll definitely use this combination again.



No comments:

Post a Comment